Thursday, November 20, 2008

SICK

What NOT To Eat When You're Sick:

*Brownies

* A Milkshake (even if you are burning up and it sounds so wonderful. It's isn't.)

*A Hot Dog

These are the only things I've tried in the past few days, except for homemade chicken noodle soup from my roommate which was delicious. And Orange Sorbet. That was sweet relief. Oh and my friend Rob sometimes comes over and shares his clementine oranges with me. THose are fabulous. I Think I'm stickin' to that combo from now on.

Also noteworthy: The FOOD Network has this really cool cake cook-off show on every day that is so entertaining, and if you're ill to the point of delirium, you can still handle it. Also, Paula Dean's Southern Cookin is the best cooking show on the planet. I felt a little bit closer to Gideon as I watched the plump southern belle tell the whole network "And Mamma's Wearin FLip FLops!!" As she waved her furry flip flops on the front porch of her Savannah Georgia home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! Oh katie!! Please call me and tell me what I can do for you!

Sarie said...

Poor thing! ANd yes, Paula Dean is SOO southern! So cute.

Andrea Forsyth said...

oh honey darlin'. call me anytime. i love talking about what comes up easiest, burns the least, has the best consistency, etc. pregnancy is awesome. unfortunately, you don't get a little baby out of your vomitting sessions. sorry:( get better quick!

Andrea Forsyth said...

so i reread your post and realized that you never actually said you threw those things up. there i was, getting all excited that someone else has had the joy of throwing up milkshakes... i don't know. maybe you did.

i think i've been home alone too long today:)

Unknown said...

Andrea: I just left out the throwing up part, but yes, some of those things did come up, including the milk shake. ha ha. I know I wish I was getting a baby out of it. Too bad.