Thursday, November 13, 2008

Home Sick



So. . . . I'm home sick. Sort of. It's complicated. Which means, time for a post. First on the agenda of important things to shout to the online world:
GIDEON COMES HOME IN 11 WEEKS. E-L-E-V-E-N. When he first left, I made a jar full of M&Ms (730) and I was supposed to eat one every day until he came home. (That was TOTALLY Gideon's idea by the way-he said his uncle did it??) Anyways. About 3 weeks after he left I couldn't look at that stupid jar FULL of millions of M&Ms, so me and my roommates and Jared ate them all in one night. Now I can't believe he is coming home so soon. The whole situation is kind of. . surreal. . .

In my head, it's like I had this awesome dream one time that I met this amazing guy, and he was my best friend EVER. Then I woke up from the dream, but I couldn't forget about the boy in my dream. He's like my imaginary friend. Sometimes, when I get a letter, it's like he's alive and real. Then he's jut pretend again. And I keep hoping he'll come back to life but it feels like he never will. The idea of seeing him and talking to him FACE to FACE is unreal. Don't get me wrong; this is all a very good, happy, excited wierdness that i'm feelin'.

11 weeks is . . .

1 MORE OIL CHANGE

2 MORE FAST SUNDAYS

3 MORE VISITING TEACHING VISITS

6 LAUNDRY DAYS

2 MORE RENT PAYMENTS

5 MORE PAYCHECKS

1 MORE BIRTHDAY

1 MORE THANKSGIVING

1 MORE CHRISTMAS

1 MORE NEW YEARS


Asleep at Hannah and Sean's

Mission Call. . . I'm on the phone.

Our date night right before we cleaned the boy's apartment for hours!

My house for Christmas!!

Mission


I think me and Gid probably have some of the funniest memories ever. Can't wait to get that kid home!!!

4 comments:

Bethany Medley said...

actually my aunt did the jar thing. she is a nut case. i cant wait for gideon to come home either! im excted for you two to see eachother again!

Sarie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! It's gone by so quickly, it will be so wierd to have him home. I'm really excited for you!!

Sarie said...

I didn't read the second paragraph and the list! Maybe you wrote that a little later and added it to the original post? Anyway, love the list. NOt too much longer now Katie Lous! I get to see him first, so I'll call you and give you the scoop and how real he is!