Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Toilet Paper In My Room


FALL IS HERE!!! There is nothing that makes me happier than the long anticipated arrival of Autumn every year. I just love the golden leaves and the crisp air and the smell of firewood burning, and the fact that now you have an excuse to drink hot chocolate for every meal. But this morning, as I looked around my room, I thought to myself: Winter must be coming. Why? Here are a few tell tale signs you can all be watchful of to let you know the cold times are creepin' in.

*There is a roll of toilet paper in your room from all of those blow-your-runny-nose-200-times nights.
*You find a sock in your sheets from being so bundled up the night before.
*Random hot cocoa stains show up on your kitchen counter. All the time.
*Leaves get inside your house and even though you'd assume they'd just stay in the entryway, they end up in your room, in your bathroom, in your freshly washed laundry even!!
*Your hair gets frizzy from your heater turning on
*Not to mention the arrival of your beautiful pasty skin.

Hello, winter. Come on in. I've been waiting for you.

3 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

i keep a roll of toilet paper in my bed behind my pillows, and one in our living room by the couch where i spend my days. we go through a lot of toilet paper. i only have the one little trash can, but i carry it with me pretty much everywhere i go anyway (even in the car...:) i stopped trying to aim for the trash can when it's by my bed, so there's just a really huge pile of tissues and bacteria on the floor. nice, eh?

Unknown said...

Ha ha Andrea that is so funny! The other day I cleaned out a huge pile that had slipped into that crack between your bed and the wall. Yum. By the way, Saturday at work Melissa and I were reading your blog, and Matt too. We miss yoU! You are SOO funny!!

Sarie said...

I want winter so badly... but alas, we only have the beach to look forward to. Which sounds great and all, but I do love my cozy sweatshirts and I miss wearing them!!