Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Quit Life Day

Last night I was so discouraged and stressed out, I decided I was going to steal a day for myself! I literally don't even have enough time to do my laundry. I go to school every day, 40 hours a week, and I work about 20 hours a week, and then church keeps me busy as well. Oh and Saturdays? Nope. I work 12 hour shifts EVERY Saturday. So today I took matters into my own hands, and let me say it felt so GOOD!!! My roommates were so worried about me; they haven't seen me sleep past 6 a.m. ever. EVER. So when I slept in until ten o'clock this morning, they woke me up because they were so worried. I just rolled over and mumbled to them that it was "skip life" day. So I did whatever I felt like doing today! It was a beautiful sunny, chilled fall day. I did things I haven't had time to do in SO LONG!!!

Things that I did that I have missed:

*Slept in! No alarm clock. My eyes weren't the lease bit red today! Awesome.
*Woke up and walked around in my pajamas and actually checked out the news while I ate breakfast!
*I ate breakfast SITTING DOWN, not while I curled my eyelashes and straitened my hair all at once.
*Went to the gym, and ran until I couldn't run anymore, instead of running as fast as I can for 30 minutes so that I can get home to finish whatever I'm doing.
*Did my laundry!!
*I shaved my legs in the shower, BECAUSE I HAD TIME!!! Loved it. I even stood under the water for a minute and relished in my own thoughts!!
*Obviously, I had time to post 3 times on my blog!
*Went to check on a job I really want at William's & Sonoma, and while I was there, as I was rushing back to my car, I remembered I had time to kill! So I slowed my speed walk to a stroll, and wandered.
*I walked through a painting gallery and stopped at every wall and thought about what the artist must have thought when he/she painted it.
*Went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought a caramel apple! To celebrate fall. MMMM.
* Bought myself a diet coke. TREAT.
*Downloaded new beautiful songs from iTunes.
* I cleaned my bathroom and my kitchen!
*Went for a bike ride!
*I went out to eat SUSHI with friends.
*Watched the debate

And now it's over and I am going to bed early because I got everything done today that I normally squeeze into 3 hours. Tomorrow I have to go back to the real world. But today was WONDERFUL and I highly recommend it to anybody who's stressed! Just put the things that can wait on hold and enjoy what you WANT TO ENJOY. Your baby. Your family. Your favorite book or movie. Just soak it in, breathe it in, swim in it. It's called LIFE. Don't miss it!

3 comments:

Sarie said...

I just love you.

hillary nicole said...

I LOVE days like these! We RSP's should do this often to keep up sane!

-hillary miller :)

breymom said...

You are so fun and energetic I wish I'd been there to try the caramel apple thing:)