Monday, September 15, 2008

After School Snack

Today was a good day, but a long day. Stayed up too late last night talking and giggling in my bed like a little girl with a dear friend. Woke up missing someone so much my chest actually hurts a little. I wish I could tell that person good morning, and wish all of my best intents for the coming day. I went to school; a new adventure that has completely taken me off guard, and redirected what I thought was a sure course. But the new course is an exciting and beautiful one; adorned with mystery and anticipation and fulfilment. One of my best friends came to school with me; we smiled and shared thoughts and she gave me the courage to speak kind words where harsh ones would have been easier. Today I forgave someone who has needed forgiving for quite some time. A little bit of hurt has been taken away from me, thrown out into the world to dissolve into nothingness. I layed in the grass, arms spread wide as the sun beat down on one side of my face, a brilliant contrast of warmth and coolness. I fought off a nap; another victory! Finally the day relented and let me go home, home to my beautiful bathroom that my roommates FINALLY decided to clean (I'm taking a stand). I strangled the urge to spend money on silly things that I won't remember or care about in 5 years. I didn't feel frustrated that my cupboards are full of random college food; a million little things you can't eat unless you buy a million more BIG things. I was content and happy and soothed my grumbly belly with the comforting warm toast with soft butter, some grapes, and a long-awaited Diet Coke. From the can. Sometimes it's just gotta be from the can.

3 comments:

Sarie said...

I love you. I loved your commeny. What a great little thing you are.

Sarie said...

Sorry, I meant "comment". I am typing with one hand now a days...

Unknown said...

I'm happy your posting!!