Monday, January 28, 2008

Vegas and a Marathon


Ok, so it was only a 1/2 marathon.

Last weekend I ran the Painter's Half Marathon in St. George. I've been training for the past few months for this, and it felt so good to finally do it! I hit my goal of running it under two hours; my time ended up being 1:53:47. It was a tough 13 miles, but the atmosphere was so pumped and it was a really fun course. I ran it with a group of kids from my ward, so it was fun having a bunch of us spread out along the course. Since my Bishop was running the marathon also, we all rode down together in 3 cars and spent the night in my Bishop's condo. Bishop Beckstead is 70 years old and still runs half marathons a couple of times a year. He is so great! So we all ran the marathon Saturday and then that night about half of us drove to Vegas to hit the strip. I've never been to Vegas so it was fun to finally get to see the sights a little bit! Although I wouldn't recommend walking the strip after running 13 miles, it was so much fun. We ate ice cream in the Paris Hotel and watched a couple of the fountain shows in front of the Bellagio. Plus half of the fun was just watching the people who populate sin city. So interesting/hilarious/wonderful!

All of us with our wonderful Bishop Beckstead after he
finished the race. What a champ!!


Don't Worry. . . I couldn't figure out how to pull the slots.

Dave, Nat, Scott, Jamie, Trent, Connor and Me post-race

1 comment:

Sarie said...

Congrats, Katie! I could never run that far! I miss you so much girlie. I wish I could see you.
Love you.