Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year


So I've been thinking. Life is wonderful. I mean truly, it is! Who can dispute it. I just turned 20. This is strange because I somehow still feel like I am that little girl who sat on her grandpas lap and told him stories. But I think I really must be getting older because the other day I had a thought process that really surprised me. In light of recent events, I was having a sit-and-feel-sorry-for-myself-moment. But then I thought, well, Katie, If you could change something about this, what would it be? And you know what? I realized that I wouldn't change a thing. Granted, sometimes life is so frustrating and so hard, but I am so glad that it is filled with ups and downs rather than a plain old boring level of bliss!! Trials are interesting. They give you something to look back on and laugh about, or maybe even cry about. But nonetheless, they keep us alive; thriving; feeling. They help us remember how to breathe. How numb we would all become if all we ever experienced was happiness. Anyways. Since this little epiphany cheered me up, I figured I would share it with anyone who is experiencing something of the sort. Don't worry. Just smile and make it through, because every experience is truly changing us for the better. We all change, we all grow and move on. And most of the time, we never end up where we thought we would. But I think that's ok; because usually things are even better than we could have pictured.

4 comments:

Sarie said...

Why are you so smart? Thanks for the words of wisdom. Pretty good for a 20 yr old! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! In all the time we spent together, why did I never know your birthday?? Anyway, hope you're doing well. Miss you.

Unknown said...

You are so wise. I love reading your thoughts! (I kind of feel like I'm reading your diary he he) You are so positive, We need a sleep over pronto!

Naomi Campbell said...

oh katie i miss you! its crazy that ive only met you once and i feel like ive known you for like ever! i have a really funny picture to send you of me that totally looks like gideon. actually i have a few pictures... email me so i will know yours. hakuna.matata89@hotmail.com thanks! nomers

Lisa Hobbs said...

That's my girl! Your nose and mouth in the little girl picture does kinda look like my Alli! Oh, and the other day Zach told me that he loved you next after everyone in our family. He was like, I love mom and dad and Alli and Will and Katie. I thought he meant Cam's Katie, and he was like no, Kathy's Katie. It was cute. My kids still remember you.