Monday, July 9, 2007

Perfect Day

American Fork Canyon. So Beautiful.

We had to crawl on all fours to get around
the hillside, which was pure dirt.

The roomies: Emerald, Me, Marjie

It takes a buff woman to hike Stuart Falls.


Saturday was the perfect day. First of all, I haven't had a Saturday off from work in who knows how long. So sleeping in until 11:00 was simply amazing. Especially because normally I am awake by 4:30 ready for work. Guh. It was a productive day and also a super fun day. Perfect. I got my car washed. . . and vacuumed out inside. (which I had to do because there were 5 whole blades of grass on the mats. . . now that I've bought my own car I suddenly understand why my Dad always bugged me to keep the car clean! Sorry Dad!) Then I went for a scooter ride and ended up rolling down a hill for about an hour-which may sound lame but was actually incredibly fun! It's surprisingly relaxing to pretend like you're five years old again. Then was the best part. . . My roommate and her boyfriend and I and some other friends all hiked to Stuart Falls in American Fork Canyon. So fun!! It was a perfectly warm summer day, and as we hiked up the not-too-steep-trail, surrounded by aspen's, evergreens, ferns, and lots of beautiful flowers, it was so nice to enjoy nature. We finally reached the falls, which were BEAUTIFUL. In spite of being covered with dirt, having extremely bad hat hair, a few bugs in my hair and being a little overly sun kissed, it was one of the most fun things I've done thus far in Provo. Gotta love summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FUn! this reminds me of when we went on that hike with the YW. And we video taped the whole time, and no one talked to us in the car. Oh and remember when we got to the water hole ( "the water hole the water hole"(in a creepy voice)he he)and we acted like dogs while steven c. threw peanuts to us! haha

Hannah said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love your blogs, you write well! Loves:)